Background

February 22, 2012

A Beginning

For a long time now, my friends have been after me to start recording some of the adventures my family happens upon. At least one unpredictable and amazing event occurs every week in our life. I'm not sure why that is, but I suspect it has something to do with the path I have chosen. It's hard to explain or describe to people the perfect sequence of events that brought me here. In all my best-laid plans, this life was nowhere on the radar.

I am an English teacher, lover of literature, fascinated by words. I planned to live in a quaint apartment in some large city passionately grading research papers from high school students. I would dine at kitschy restaurants, become a regular at theater productions large and small, and surround myself mainly with outrageous friends and my cat.

I managed the English teacher part of things.

And I do have outrageous friends.

And a cat.

But today I am the wife of one, mother to three, teacher of an average of 150 8th graders per year, and a student of life. I live on a farm. I dine on whatever magically appears in my fridge. I have an alarming collection of animals, none of which were chosen by me. These are the true (I promise!) ramblings of a girl who is on the road not taken.




No comments:

Post a Comment